Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A new perspective

Welcome.
I have come to appreciate a new friend.  Someone I thought I would never really see eye to eye with.  Its someone who depends on mom and dad for the same thing I depend on them for.   Thats right, its the furry four legged baby, Sebastian.  I now know that he is in fact not a baby but he is actually a canine, or a dog to keep it simple.  Although I still consider him my nemesis, I have much more sympathy for him than I once had.  
While he has much more mobility than I, he too is limited to where he can go based upon where mom and dad take him.  He and I both have no say about where mom and dad take us. (No, I did not want to go to the doctor twice last week.). If  I were him, every time dad opened the front door I would bolt and never look back.  Dad couldn't catch him, I have seen dad run, it would be a blow out.  While he does get to occasionally snack on some tasty morsels handed to him by mom, it is not his regular diet.  I have seen his food, and at first glance I mistook it for a bowl of dirt.  I don't think sebastian likes it either, his food dish is usually more than half way full.  We also share the same 6 inch perspective on the world. Every thing is huge.  Let me explain, imagine sitting in a chair with a handle fixed to the top of the chair when a giant more than four times your size picks up the chair by the handle and begins to swing it high into the air in an attempt to  rock you to sleep.  When was the last time any roller coaster lulled anybody to sleep?  When dad does it to me, I stay motion-less and silent praying that he doesn't let go and send me flying into the ceiling above.  Like wise Sebastian has that same perspective, standing at about 7 inches tall.   Trust us, it makes life a little difficult. 
While it will always be a competition between the dog and I, I do have a new found respect for him and the things he puts up with.
Until next time, enjoy the rest of your evening.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Hey Beckam, this is your cousin Laynie. I've got a burning question for you. You see, I've got several strapping young lads about my age that live nearby. One of them has tickled my fancy and I've been doing everything I can to impress him but just can't figure out what he wants in a girl. No matter how many times I try to woo him with my spit-up skills and draw attention by screaming about something, he just doesn't seem to get it. Any suggestions on how to win over a lad like yourself? What do YOU look for in a girl???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home